These Rules of Conduct govern both in-game behavior and certain out-of-game conduct relating to player use of PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS(hereinafter referred to as “Game”) provided by KRAFTON, Inc. (“KRAFTON”). These Rules of Conduct are aimed to regulate necessary requirements of user behavior in a consistent manner to cope with various situations that may arise in the process of providing the Game. These Rules of Conduct supplement, and shall be read together with, the Terms of Service [link] that apply to the Game. Matters not specifically mentioned in the Rules of Conduct shall be treated in accordance with the Terms of Service and laws of the relevant jurisdiction.
2. CHANGES TO RULES OF CONDUCT
KRAFTON reserves the right to change these Rules of Conduct at any time within its sole discretion. If KRAFTON decides to change Rules of Conduct,, KRAFTON will notify effective date, revised contents and reasons for revision at least 7 days prior to the effective date through KRAFTON homepage (https://www.pubg.com). If changes we make are regarded as serious matter or may be unfavorable to you, we will notify you from 30 days prior to the changes. If a user fails to comply with revised Rules of Conduct after the last revision date, it is not KRAFTON’s responsibility to compensate any loss incurred due to lack of awareness from the user.
3. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF KRAFTON
1) KRAFTON will endeavor to eradicate misconducts described in the Rules of Conduct to ensure that the users can enjoy playing the game.
2) KRAFTON will not ask you for your password.
3) KRAFTON receives feedback on all types of bugs and errors through KRAFTON’s official customer support center and official community, and KRAFTON will be committed to promptly review and correct bugs and errors.
4) KRAFTON will not intervene or engage in activities and disputes between and/or among end users in relation to the Game .
5) KRAFTON may restrict some or all of the game services if KRAFTON determines, in its sole discretion, that such unusual or unintended situations hinder enjoyment of the gameplay.
6) If you or a group of users do anything that interferes with or adversely affects any services provided by KRAFTON, or that violates the Rules of Conduct, KRAFTON shall, consistent with the Penalty Criteria Table For Misconduct set forth below, restrict service usage .
4. END USER’S RESPONSIBILITIES AND RIGHTS
1) You are obliged to understand and comply with KRAFTON’s Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct.
2) The company reserves all rights about in-game data (characters, items, game currency, etc.) created by you when using the game service, and you have a limited license to use in-game data consistent with the Terms of Service.
3) If you are unfairly treated or incurred harm using the game service, you have the right to appeal and correct KRAFTON through legitimate methods and procedures . If you have been unfairly treated or harmed by another customer, you have the right to notify and ask other users to comply with Rules of Conduct.
4) You have an obligation to be fully informed about the information that KRAFTON officially announces, and KRAFTON shall not be responsible for any damages incurred due to lack of awareness about the announcements.
5) You are not allowed to generate any profit using the game service without prior approval from KRAFTON.
6) You may not use the information obtained through Game such as copying, duplication, modification, translation, publishing or otherwise providing this information to others without prior consent from KRAFTON.
7) You may be liable for distributing false information not officially announced by KRAFTON in any manner that is likely to cause confusion to other end users.
8) You should notify KRAFTON of any glitches (such as bugs, system errors, illegal programs, etc.) of the game service and must not exploit and/or propagate such information to other users. If you discover any vulnerability, do not disclose it to KRAFTON and forward it to another person, you may be subject to restrictions to the use of the game services in accordance with the Rules of Conduct, which is regarded as intentional misconduct.
9) You can make inquiries, suggestions and requests related to game services through following channels.
– Customer Support Center: support.pubg.com
– As a general rule, we will respond promptly to inquiries, suggestions, requests, feedback you have given through Customer Center. However, the response may be delayed if there is a heavy workload.
5. POLICIES FOR MISCONDUCT
In order to provide a fair and pleasant gaming experience for all users, KRAFTON has defined policies which all users need to comply with when using our service. All users playing the Game must comply with the following rules.
1) DO NOT USE UNAUTHORIZED PROGRAMS OR HARDWARE DEVICES
If you use unauthorized programs or hardware devices that are not permitted by KRAFTON that promote unfair game play using specific mouse or other hardware device (collectively “Unauthorized Programs or Devices”), you may be subject to strong penalties, such as permanent game ban and restrictions of using the Service on your hardware devices. If you develop, advertise, trade or distribute unauthorized programs or hardware, KRAFTON may take legal action against you, may seek relief from judicial authorities, may make an investigation in accordance with relevant laws, as well as impose penalties within the game.
2) DO NOT MODIFY THE GAME CLIENT, SERVERS OR GAME DATA
Unauthorized changes to the Game client (“ini” file modification, etc.), servers, or data (such as packets) are actions that interfere with game services and violate copyright laws. You must not engage in these actions.
3) DO NOT EXPLOIT VULNERABILITIES IN THE GAME (BUGS AND GLITCHES)
Users exploiting errors and bugs found while playing the Game will be liable for serious penalties, and we reserve the right to take action against those who take unfair advantage through official procedures and acquired game currency and items will be removed .
4) PROHIBITION OF THE USE OF INAPPROPRIATE NAMES
Any name that is determined to be offensive to other end users or that may provide negative perceptions shall be deemed to be a negative act and subject to penalties.
- Names that are sexually explicit or obscene
- Names whose intent is to impersonate KRAFTON or PUBG staff or partners
- Names that are derogatory to specific religions, races, companies, or groups
- Names that might infringe upon the trademark or copyright of a third party
- Other names that are unacceptable based on the social norms of each country
In addition, inappropriate names whose spelling has been partially altered or mixed with other letters to render them difficult to discern at first glance will be changed to an arbitrary and different name without prior warning or subjected to penalties.
5) DO NOT USE INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE
① Do not use inappropriate language such as profanity, insults, or verbal abuse.
Any conduct which we determine to be offensive to other users or likely to generate negative perceptions will be considered to be violating the Rules of Conduct, and will be subject to penalties. In addition, players who disrespect the dignity of customer service agents or engage in abusive behaviors such as violent language, swear words, insult, or sexual harassment that may cause the agents emotional harm may be subject to a restriction from customer service.
- Use of profanity or offensive slang, etc.
- Expressions or behaviors that are sexually harassing, such as obscene words or sexual descriptions
- Belittling, mocking or criticizing specific regions, religions, races, or individuals with disabilities, etc.
- Expressions or behaviors that are threatening or intend to cause fear
- Causing discomfort or aversion to users by using expressions or communicating in a manner prohibited by other terms and conditions of use
② Do not flood chats.
Any conduct which we determine to be interfering with the use of the chat by posting excessive content in the chat window or repetitively posting the same content in the chat window will be subject to restrictions in the use of the system.
6) ATTEMPTS TO ENGAGE IN CASH TRANSACTIONS
Attempts to engage in cash transactions will lead to bans. This refers to acts determined to have the intent to induce cash or in-kind transactions through nicknames or custom game mode names, attempts to trade accounts or advertising account trading, cash or in-kind transactions through nicknames, and cash or in-kind transactions using potentially speculative methods or acts determined to have the intent to engage in the same violations .
7) DO NOT PROMOTE OR ADVERTISE
Any conduct that we determine to be promoting or advertising any contents that are not related to the game or KRAFTON will be subject to penalty. This includes any act that we determine to constitute using the game service for the purpose of advertising or a purpose other than the original purposes of the game service, such as for profit, sales, advertising, or promotion.
8) DO NOT TEAM KILL
Team kill is prohibited as it interferes with normal team gameplay and penalties may be imposed if team kill is determined to be intentional and reoccurring.
9) DO NOT TEAM UP (BY FORMING TEAMS OUTSIDE WHAT IS ALLOWED BY THE SELECTED GAME MODE)
Intentional teaming up between players or other teams in ways that the Game does not presuppose in each game mode is considered an unacceptable behavior and penalties may be imposed. In the case of when you have received advantages by creating a team with a user who continuously or intentionally uses unauthorized programs or hardware devices, measures may be taken against you, as you are considered a member of an abnormal team.
10) DO NOT STALK OTHER PLAYERS FROM MATCH TO MATCH
Penalties may be imposed if you try to stalk other players in order to interfere with normal gameplay.
11) DO NOT PUBLISH PERSONAL INFORMATION
Penalties may be imposed if you publish information that personally identifies another (e.g. disclosing personal information of others to third parties or making it publicly available), which is regarded as an act that violates privacy.
12) DO NOT MANIPULATE MATCH RESULTS
Strong penalties may be imposed on those who manipulate the results of the game in an unfair way, by taking unfair advantage in exchange for cash, goods and/or services, manipulating additional accounts in addition to their own account. Those who get caught may end up losing all acquired in-game items.
13) DO NOT STEAL ANOTHER USER’S ACCOUNT
A user may not attempt or gain access to another user’s account. Where such activity has been detected, the user may be banned and/or access to the user’s own information and account may be restricted.
14) DO NOT AFK (AWAY FROM KEYBOARD OR IDLING)
Penalties may be imposed on players who go AFK while in a match. Being AFK can place your teammates at a disadvantage or otherwise undermine the gameplay experience. Players who AFK repeatedly to earn points or other account related progression or rewards will be penalized with all account progression and items removed.
15) DO NOT TRADE/SELL ACCOUNTS
Measures will be taken against the act of accessing accounts that are not in your possession and trading or selling the accounts or its game data without the company’s written approval.
16) DO NOT DISTURB BUSINESS OPERATIONS
Users who spread false information, abuse the customer service platform, impersonate an employee, create and spread rumors, or conduct any other acts that disturb the company’s normal business operations may be permanently banned from the game depending on the seriousness of the misconduct.
17) DO NOT PLAY THE GAME ABNORMALLY
If any abnormal gameplay patterns have been detected that are impossible to be performed in our Game, measures could be taken against the account that performed such action in order to create a fair gameplay environment.
18) OTHER UNDEFINED MISCONDUCT
Any action which is not defined in the Rules of Conduct that negatively impacts the delivery of KRAFTON’s services or negatively affects other players may be subject to warning and penalty through careful review of the circumstances.
6. PENALTY CRITERIA FOR MISCONDUCT
1) The forgoing Penalty Criteria is used to protect the customer’s enjoyment while playing the game.
2) If you fail to comply with the Rules of Conduct, you may be restricted from using the service without prior notice in accordance with Penalty Criteria for Misconduct
3) If your violation goes over the final attempt listed in the table below, permanent ban applies.
4) If you violate any of the criteria listed in the table below and your ID is listed in rank mode, your ID may be temporarily or permanently removed from the rank.
PENALTY CRITERIA TABLE FOR MISCONDUCT
|PENALTY CRITERIA FOR MISCONDUCT||MAXIMUM PENALTY PERIOD|
|Use, develop, advertise, trade or distribute Unauthorized Programs and Hardware Devices||Permanent Ban|
|Investigate the use of Unauthorized Programs and Hardware Devices||3-day Ban|
|Modification of Game Client, Servers and Game Data (packet, etc.)||Permanent Ban|
|Exploiting Bugs and Glitches|
|Use of Inappropriate Language||30-day Ban|
|Promotion or Advertising||30-day Ban|
|Use of Inappropriate Names||30-day Ban|
|Gameplay Interference||30-day Ban|
|Publishing Personal Information||Permanent Ban|
|Manipulating Match Results||Permanent Ban|
|Usage of Another User’s Account / Restrict the Usage of Account (for protecting the Account)||Permanent Ban|
|Disturbing Business Operations (e.g. spread false information, abuse customer service platform, impersonate oneself as an employee, create and spread rumors or conduct any other acts)||Permanent Ban|
|Abnormal Gameplay||30-day Ban|
|Attempting Cash Transactions||Permanent Ban|
5) We define exploiting bugs and glitches as an act which involves acquiring game currency and virtual items by exploiting bugs and glitches in the system.
6) Generally, the company considers the Maximum Penalty Period set forth in the “Penalty Criteria for Misconduct” chart as the most severe penalty for the corresponding action; however, depending on the seriousness of the misconduct, the imposed penalty may become more or less severe, up to and including legal action taken against a player.
7) The Company may restrict users from running the game if misconduct was found from a specific hardware device in order to maintain fair gaming environment.
8) Any game currency, items, and other character-related data can be removed if they have been obtained through misconduct; and depending on the seriousness of the misconduct, not only the character data of what has been obtained, but also the user’s entire character data may be deleted.
7. POLICY FOR CUSTOM GAME MODE
There is a custom game mode where you can set up number of team members, weather, loot limits and various other game options. Through this mode, KRAFTON can authorize only a limited number of people to create custom game mode to provide various game services such as hosting events and/or marketing purposes
8. RECOVERY POLICY
We are unable to recover any losses that arise from not following the rules of conduct, in-game notices, homepage notices, policies, game systems, etc.
9. BONUS/GIFT CODE(“CODE”) POLICY
1) KRAFTON may provide Codes to allow customers to redeem and use skins, including costume skins, weapon skins, and other in-game contents (Collectively, “Contents”) either as free of charge or as paid Contents through approved affiliate companies or directly from KRAFTON. “Free Code” means KRAFTON grant customers Codes without any charge, which are used for promotional and marketing purposes. If customers obtain Codes after participating an event and/or a tournament, we still consider these Codes as Free Codes.
2) KRAFTON may provide Codes to allow customers to redeem and use skins, including costume skins, weapon skins, and other in-game contents either as free of charge or as paid Contents.
3) Customers can receive Contents after redeeming Codes on from their own personal accounts. It is strictly prohibited to sell and transfer these Codes under any circumstances.
4) A single Code can only be used once, and after customers use/redeem their Codes, they cannot reuse, return, or refund the Codes.
5) Free Codes have an expiration date of 3 months after they have been issued, and customers cannot redeem Codes if they are expired.
6) Paid Codes have an expiration date of 5 years after they have been issued, and customers cannot redeem Codes if the Codes are expired. However, if the Codes expire within 5 years from the issuing date, customers can ask KRAFTON to extend the validity up to 5 years from the issuing date. Customers cannot extend expiration date of Free Codes under any circumstances.
7) KRAFTON will not be liable for any damage incurred to the customer or to third parties if they have acquired Codes through personal sales or, trades, and end of expiration date.
8) Codes purchased through an approved affiliate company are subject to the terms and conditions set by the affiliate company and any Code related matters (including customer inquiries, refund requests etc.) will be handled by the affiliate company which the purchase was conducted with.
10. G-COIN CASH OPERATION POLICY
G-COIN Cash (hereinafter referred to as “G-COIN”) is an in-game currency used to purchase items serviced by the company. When you purchase G-COIN, you are purchasing a license to use G-COIN to make in-game purchases. G-COIN has no monetary value, and you do not own G-COIN. You cannot transfer G-COIN to other users, and you cannot redeem G-COIN for any type of actual currency or fiat money.
1) “Paid G-COIN” refers to G-COIN that was purchased using real-world currency or G-COIN that was included in the bundle product. Users can cancel their purchase in accordance with Paragraph 7 of this Article.
2) “Bonus G-COIN” refers to G-COIN that are obtained after completing missions from an event or royal pass in the game and not purchased with real-world currency. Bonus G-COIN is non-refundable and cannot be canceled.
3) G-COIN top-up is available through the payment service operated by the third-party platform providers. Users can top up G-COIN in the units set by the company.
4) Users can purchase in-game items within the amount of G-COIN they have and item prices will be deducted from G-COIN immediately after making a purchase.
5) “Paid G-COIN” is valid for 5 years from the day of the purchase.
6) “Bonus G-COIN” is valid for three 3 months from the day of the purchase in principle, but it is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
7) Canceling the purchase of paid G-COIN is applied with Refund Policy of the Terms of Service . Payments made with bonus G-COIN cannot be canceled. In the case of products purchased with paid or bonus G-COIN, if it has not been used, users can cancel the purchase within 14 days . However, there may be limitation on canceling the purchase if the user falls under one of the following items.
① If a user’s account is banned in violation of the applicable laws and the company’s Terms and Conditions such as the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct with illegal acts that have a severe impact on gameplay
② If the company’s Terms and Conditions such as Terms of Service or Rules of Conduct or an applicable purchase condition states it is non-refundable
③ If the G-COIN is given as a reward for participating in an event or a prize of an event
8) If a user forges, falsifies, steals or illegally obtains or uses G-COIN, the user will be penalized.
9) Prior to in-game purchase, Company shall have the right to display the estimated price of the paid content in your local currency. This estimated price may vary from the actual price that you pay due to variations in exchange rates.
This Rules of Conduct has been translated into other languages for the convenience of the players. In case of any discrepancies between the English version and the other versions, the English version shall prevail. However, Korean Rules of Conduct shall prevail for Korean players.
11. CLAN OPERATING POLICY
1) Definitions of Terms
- A “clan” is a group in which the users of the same game can exchange information and socialize based on their interests and purposes concerning a specific topic.
- A user designated as the “master” creates, operates, and manages each clan.
- Administrators are responsible for clan management. Administrator privileges can be configured by the clan master.
- Clan members are users who join a clan and use clan services.
2) Conditions for Creating a Clan
- Only users with a Plus account may create a clan. Creating a clan will consume a certain amount of currency.
- Only users who have not already joined a clan may create a new clan.
- The clan must have a unique name. Clans with names identical to that of an existing clan are not allowed.
- Clan tags that are abbreviations for clan names can be used by multiple clans. Clan tags may range from a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 4 characters.
- If a user requests a refund on their Plus account after they have created a clan, the clan may be closed without prior notice at the discretion of the Company. If the user is found to be an abuser, the user may be subjected to penalties in accordance with the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct.
- Up to 100 members may join a newly created clan.
- To prevent indiscriminate joining and withdrawal from clans, users may not create or join clans for 24 hours after withdrawing or being banished from a clan, or after the clan has been disbanded.
3) Clan Naming Policy
- Users may assign any name to their clan, so long as the name does not violate the naming policy below.
- Only a clan master may change the clan name or clan tag. Administrators and clan members may not change the clan name or clan tag.
- Once a clan name has been changed, the name may not be changed again for 30 days. Clan tags may not be changed again within 24 hours of a change.
- After a clan name has been changed, the previous clan name is placed on reserve for 7 days. During this reserve period, other clans may not take the clan name.
- If a clan name violates the clan naming policy, the Company may change or restrict use of the clan name without separate notice to ensure a sound gaming environment.
4) Clan Use Policy
- Penalties for Inappropriate Names (Clan Names, Clan Tags)
- Article 5 Paragraph 4 “Do Not Use Inappropriate Names” of the Rules of Conduct shall apply.
- Penalties for Inappropriate Clan Chats
- Article 5 Paragraph 5 “Do Not Use Inappropriate Language” of the Rules of Conduct shall apply.
- Policy Concerning Misconduct
- Since a clan is created for community activities among users within the game service, the responsibility for its operation and maintenance shall lie with the users themselves.
- If any misconduct that prevents a fair and sound gaming experience, as specified in Article 5 “Policies for Misconduct” of the Rules of Conduct, or violations of the Terms of Service, including those specified below, is discovered, use of the service may be restricted and legal actions may be taken, and the clan in question may be disbanded depending on the level of misconduct.
- Engaging in clan activities for profit, such as collecting membership fees from clan members
- Causing psychological suffering or physical damage by stealing or impersonating the information of another clan
- Violating rights, such as trademark rights, copyrights and publicity rights of a third party, or violating the relevant laws and statutes
- Clan administrators have been discovered to have engaged in abusing or using unauthorized or unlawful programs
- The clan has encouraged or aided any act of abusing the service or using unauthorized or unlawful programs
- Sales or advertising of illegal programs, commercial activity or other illegal acts through the clan name, tag or messages
- The clan has been created to impersonate an administrator, PUBG or KRAFTON personnel
- Use of unfair methods to gain clan EXP and benefits
- Other cases where the administrator determines that clan activity is inappropriate
- If a user continues to create clans that engage in acts violating the laws of the Republic of Korea and acts not specifically prescribed in the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct, impeding the Company’s ability to provide unhindered game services to users, said user may be closely investigated and permanently banned from the game or their device may be blocked from running the game without prior warning.
- The Company is not responsible for monitoring or recording user activities and conversations that occur within the game or service, but may investigate violations of the Terms of Service or Rules of Conduct, or record or monitor conversations to protect the rights and property rights of the Company, partners of the Company, and users.
- Policy on Clan Rank Delegation and Relegation
- The clan master may delegate the clan master title to another clan member. After delegation, the previous clan master will be relegated to an ordinary clan member.
- Masters may appoint or dismiss clan members as clan administrators. A clan member who is dismissed as a clan administrator will be relegated to an ordinary clan member.
- If the master fails to access the game for 42 days either due to an imposed penalty or personal reasons, another clan member will become the master.
- Starting from the 43rd day that the master has been absent from the game, another clan member may be delegated the master title upon entering the lobby or restarting the game.
- The master title will be delegated to the clan administrator with the earliest registration date among clan members who have accessed the game in the past 28 days. Ordinary members are next in line for delegation of the master rank.
- If no clan members have accessed the game within 28 days, the first clan member to sign in will be delegated the master rank.
- If the first clan member to sign in is the master, the master rank is not delegated, and the absence counter is reset.
- Starting from the 43rd day that the master has been absent from the game, another clan member may be delegated the master title upon entering the lobby or restarting the game.
- Policy on Clan Withdrawal and Disbanding
- Users other than the master may freely leave clans that they have joined. Upon leaving a clan, users will lose all of their clan benefits.
- The clan master may disband the clan if there are no clan members remaining. Disbanding a clan will delete all accumulated EXP and data, and all clan benefits will no longer be available.
- Once a clan master has disbanded a clan, the clan may not be restored for any reason.
- Policy on Clan Theft and Recovery
- Clans may not be replaced or restored after disbanding for any reason. This includes disbanding due to theft or voluntary disbanding by the clan master.